I think we will soon see many more training offerings as the UAV sector grows. Right now it is a critical missing element.
ING Robotic Aviation and Ottawa Aviation Services have partnered to offer a professional Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Operator’s Course, according to a news release from ING Robotic.
The first 7 day course will take place in Ottawa starting June 8. Successful completion of the course, according to the firm, allows the student to:
- meet the Transport Canada Knowledge Requirements for UAV operators
- be fully familiar with both single and multi-rotor flight operations (fixed wing and rotorcraft)
- be familiarized with mission planning and commercial UAV operations
- be eligible for full or part-time employment as an operator with ING Robotic Aviation
- meet critical requirements for being able to secure Flight Operation Certificates in the future.
- More details from ING:
The seven day course will provide an opportunity for interested candidates to learn the fundamentals of operating a robotic aircraft, or drone. The program will consist of comprehensive theory of flight as well as…
View original post 30 more words